I have submitted my application forms for the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to contest in the coming Presidential Election 2023. Now, I would like to appeal to you for your support.
Pending the result of my application, I need to start preparations now in order to conduct an effective campaign as the lead time from the issue of COE to Nomination Day is very short. This can be as short as only 1 day (ref: Sect 8B of PE Act).
A key task in this preparation is the recruitment of volunteers like:
• Campaign Flyer Distribution in the streets;
• Polling Agents to ensure that polling is conducted fairly at the polling stations
• Counting Agents to witness that counting is carried out accurately and fairly at the counting centres.
As PE is contested on an island-wide basis, I will need many Flyer Distributors to cover the whole island within the 9-day campaign period. I will also need approximately 2,000 Polling Agents and 1,000 Counting Agents to man the various polling stations and counting centres island-wide.
I am therefore appealing to Singaporeans (age 16 and above) who would like to assist me in my campaign to register as Flyer Distributors, Polling Agents and/or Counting Agents by signing up as volunteers by clicking here.
I deeply appreciate your support.
Alternatively, those who prefer to register in person may do so by reporting at the Registration Centre at the address and time slot indicated.
Please bring along your NRIC when reporting at the Registration Centre.
• Flyer Distributors: Individual volunteers will be deployed based on their availability during the 9-day campaign period.
• Polling Agents: Will be deployed for one of two shifts on Polling Day: 07.30 AM to 2.00 PM/1.30 PM to 8.00 PM.
• Counting Agents: Will be deployed on the night of Polling Day from 7.30 PM onwards until announcement of results of the election.
For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org